Living in an Icon, Alive in the World is an 18-month spiritual formation program intended to bring us back in touch with all of God's creation and with God's presence in all the world. It's a process that helps us learn to pray without ceasing, to live in such a way that all the world reflects God's presence to us, and opens us up to hear God speaking to us in everything we do, see and say. The program requires an openness to devote time for prayer and reflection in your day and participate in the following:
- Daily contemplative practices and reflections around the monthly themes of Noticing, Appreciation, Wonder, Thanksgiving, Mortality, Reverence, Hospitality, Humility, Silence, Love, Beauty, Pain, Revelation, Hope and more.
- Optional attendance at seasonal day retreats during equinoxes and solstices at the Inner Sky Hermitage in Spokane, Washington.
- Ongoing support and sharing through a private Living in an Icon blog site.
- Rotating monthly partnerships with other participants to aid in the journey.
- Guidance and support from a Franciscan tertiary trained as a Living in an Icon facilitator.
- Culminating weeklong nature retreat experience in October 2019 (location to be determined).
The program is limited to 12 participants and includes the following at no cost:
- All reading and practice materials to guide one through the formation process.
- Exclusive access to the Living in an Icon blog site.
- Attendance at the seasonal and culminating retreats.
Program begins on March 20, 2018 and culminates on October 6, 2019.
"The whole earth is a living icon of the face of God".
St. John of Damascus
LIVING IN AN ICON, ALIVE IN THE WORLD